Pages

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Updates skincare routine: winter specific

A few basics first, I have dry to normal skin, slightly sensitive and of late a bit acne prone. I am in my early 30s so anti-aging is very important to me.

AM:
Step 1) Cleanse your face with just water. Maybe spray some rose water.

Step 2) (optional) Every other day wipe face with salicylic acid pads. I use the ones from Oxy Sensitive cleansing Pads or its dupe from Rite Aid/CVS. I do this if my skin seems to be breaking out frequently.

Step 3) Apply Vitamin C serum. I am loving Ole Henriksen's Truth Serum Collagen Booster.

Step 4) Apply sunscreen. I like La Roche-Posay Anthelios 60 Face Melt-In Sunscreen Lotion
Or this Neutrogena one.


PM:
Step 1) Cleanse your face with a detergent free cleanser. I love these three from http://www.dianayvonne.com.
RoseHip (for me)
WheatGerm (for me)
AHA (for my spouse's oily skin)

Step 2) Apply Avene Diacneal (my retinol treatment) or Mama lotion (my AHA treatment). I alternate them (so one night retinol and the next night AHA, repeat)

Step 3) Apply moisturizer. I am loving Cerave's PM lotion for summers.

Step 4) If my under eye area is feeling dry, I moisturize with Nivea cream (the blue tin, I got mine from Germany). In winters I use this cream on my entire face.

WEEKLY treatment:
Saturdays - I use a 40% lactic acid peel from http://www.makeupartistschoice.com
Wednesdays - I use a 30% glycolic peel from http://www.makeupartistschoice.com

If my skin is feeling dry, I use the Korres Thyme Yogurt Mask.

0 comments:

Post a Comment